The School of Nursing offering a General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Diploma programme was established in 1959. To meet the needs of the expanding health services of the country, the College of Nursing was started in 1990 admitting 30 students for a bachelor degree in Nursing to prepare well qualified nurses. The college has been recognized by the Karnataka Nursing Council and Indian Nursing Council. The college is a constituent unit of Manipal University. The College by the year 1998 has progressed so rapidly that it has instituted all the graduate and postgraduate courses in nursing.
The College in situated in a 7 story building in which 3 sprawling floors are used exclusively for the use of the College of Nursing.
The building consists of class rooms, seminar rooms, auditorium, conference room, office rooms for teaching staff and non-teaching staff and laboratories.