|Meerchos El Grande - Nachos Supreme|
(All the ingredients can be found at Manipal Stores and Dreams)
- 2 Bags of Senõr Pepitos
- 1 Packet of Britannia cheese slices
- 1 Small block of Amul mozzarella cheese
- 1 Can of Old El Paso re-fried beans
- 4 Small tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 Red onion (diced)
- 1 Small bunch of cilantro (chopped finely)
- 1 Tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 Green chili or 2 jalapenos
- Old bay seasoning (optional)
- Salt and pepper
(Serving size for 2)
- Mix salsa ingredients into a bowl and add seasoning according to your taste. Once complete, set this dish aside.
- Preheat oven/toaster oven to 250°C.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Empty the chips into the covered baking pan and spread evenly.
- Open the can of Old El Paso refried beans and spread the beans over the nachos. Once again, add as many as you want.
- Tear Britannia cheese slices and evenly distribute them over the chips and beans.
- Grate Amul mozzarella cheese and sprinkle over the chips mixture.
- Place the baking pan in the oven for 5-‐7 minutes (or until the cheese is nicely melted). (*Microwave users: heat up Meerchos for 1 ½ to 2 minutes.)
- Take out the baking pan carefully.
- Spread salsa over the chips.
And there you have it! Enjoy your Meerchos El Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrande!! I must say, this was very much as I had expected, tasty, simple and fulfilling.