At this our Blogger suddenly remembered that recently a KMC student, who likes to call himself Chicken (name changed on request) has claimed to have found a breakthrough in genetics. Chicken claims to have genetically modified a few IDLY's (yes, idly's) to taste like KFC, he wants to call it Karnataka Fried Chicken. If all goes well, these idly's would help the millions of wannabee vegetarians
to resist actually eating chicken. On being asked why he gave IDLY's the dubious distinction of being transmorgified, he reinstated his hatred towards these rice cakes, and how he would like to eradicate the existence of the pathetic taste of idly's, and what other way tan to making it taste like Chicken!
|On asking ... the good doctor refused to reveal the original recipe behind the genetic soup that creates the mythical Idly-Chicken recipe...|
He also added, that a new variety of idly's with bones was in the making, for the people who gnaw on the bones barring the chicken.
However, this would take a few weeks to appear on the commercial market, and if all this KFC talk made your lips water, here's what you can manage with till the formula get's ready for commercialization:
- Soft chicken: ½ kg
- Water:1/4 cup
- Chilly powder : 1 tsp
- Salt: As required
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Soya sauce: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: As required
- Onion: 1 medium, sliced
- Lime: Medium sized 1/2
Method of Preparation:
- Wash and clean the chicken and cut into small as required.
- Take a pressure cooker and put the washed chicken, little water, chilly powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and soya sauce.
- Cook this for about 3 minutes.
- Open the cooker and Waite until the water evaporates.
- Take pan, heat some oil and put sliced onions, fry until it become golden brown.
- Now transfer the cooked chicken to the pan.
- Fry the chicken in low flame to get crispy.
- Finally remove the pan and add lime juice and serve garnished with two onion rings.