|Click on Image to enlarge|
- Updated and employable curriculum
- Practice-led teaching and practice-supported learning
- Hands-on-training through online and offline resources
- Exposure to the advanced techniques in the field of librarianship
- Computing, internet and library software training facilities
- Library practicing in world-class Manipal University Libraries
Objectives of the Course
- To educate the students in the philosophy of librarianship, basic principles, fundamental laws and professional ethics.
- To train the students in the skills of information organization, processing and retrieval.
- To train the students in the management of Library and Information Centres.
- To provide the students thorough understanding of applications of information and communication technology in library and information Centres.
CAREER OPTIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE STUDENTS
- There are opportunities for Library and Information Science professionals to work in organizations of every kind.
- They work in School, College, University, Medical, Public and Special libraries.
- They are now becoming indispensable in Industry, Publishing Companies, IT, R&D, Media, Voluntary Sector and everywhere the information is needed.
- Course Name : Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)
- Eligibility : Bachelor's degree (minimum 45% marks)
- Intake : 10 students
- Duration : One year (two semesters)
- Fees : Rs. 30,000=00 plus Rs. 1,000=00 as caution deposit