The following holidays are declared in the calendar year 2011 for the students and the staff members (teaching and non-teaching) of the constituent colleges and teaching and research departments of Manipal University, its hospitals/units and the staff of the University-
- January 26 Wednesday Republic Day
- April 22 Friday Good Friday
- August 15 Monday Independence Day
- August 31 Wednesday Ramzan (Id-ul-fitr)
- September 1 Thursday Sri Ganesh Chathurthi
- October 5 Wednesday Maha Navami – Dussehra
- October 25 Tuesday Deepavali
- November 1 Tuesday Karnataka Rajyotsava
Bakrid (Id-ul-Zuha) on Monday, 7″‘ November is declared as an additional holiday for the students.
Three sanctioned holidays – May 1 May Day, October 2 Gandhi Jayanthi and December 25 Christmas – fall on Sundays. The colleges/hospitals/units/departments/Manipal University will function on all other days (Monday to Saturday) of the year.