8 medium crabs – cleaned, 8 tbsp coconut – grated, 10 dry red chillies, 2 tbsp coriander seeds, 10 black peppercorns, 4 cloves, 2 tbsp oil, 2 onions, medium, sliced, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp tamarind juice, 2 green chillies chopped.
- Roast the coconut lightly and clear the pan.
- Roast the chillies and then the spices.
- Grind 1 and 2 to a fine paste with little water.
- Heat the oil and brown the onion.
- Stir in ginger-garlic paste and turmeric, fry for few seconds.
- Add the crabs, mix well and sprinkle tamarind juice.
- Add half cup of water, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted spice paste, salt and green chillies.
- Cook till preparation is thick.
Best served with Rice when it is hot.