Printing the 3rd largest industry in the world have a great demand in indian market with only few colleges offering the course in engineering level.MIT manipal is one of the top most private college serving this course to the students .
Dept of MEDIA TECHNOLOGY (DMT) previously known as PRINTING & MEDIA TECHNOLOGY was started in the year 1992, it elder than some of the well known branches such as MECHATRONICS etc .
With less no of students it is one of the branch that can promise 100% placement in national and international printing industries , and also in the field of mainstream media as a technical engineer .
With few changes in the curriculum the printing and media dept was rebranded as dept of MEDIA TECHNOLOGY . irrelevant topics to the modern day industry the printing subjects were modified and have been given more importance to the digital n electronic media .
With one of the best faculties the dept is also well known for its student friendly nature and applauded by the whole student community .
Why media technology?
The B.Tech program in Media Technology gives students a unique scope to venture into media production, commercial printing, publishing and e-publishing, advertising solutions, designing and digital printing, colour management solutions, software solution for print industry, security printing, print finishing and converting, packaging solutions, machine manufacturing / service, research and development.
• The dept also has the best laboratory facilities .
Colour science lab
• Media lab
• PG Quality Testing Lab
• Print finishing & Converting Lab
• Packaging Technology Lab
• Prepress & PG research Lab
• Flexographic Lab
• Screen printing Lab
• Gravure Lab
THESE LABORATORIES ARE EQUIPPED WITH :
• Latest software from Esko Graphics for Packaging designing
• Xitron Navigator RIP and Technova PoliRIP for prepress technology
• IGT Printability Tester and KPP Flexo proofer for Quality Testing,
• X- rite devices and software to study colour Management
• Hybrid Flexo Cum Gravure Machine and Auto Print offset machines for printing purposes
A well equipped media studio will be soon set up in the dept for the students who are into photography , advertising ,and mainly film production.
the only college that offers minor specialization in FILM production with engineering degree.
There is also a high demand for packaging technology which the dept offers with printing and media subjects and also give a minor specialization in packaging technology .
• Graduates can be entrepreneurs, consultants or a freelancers in digital photography, graphic designing, copy writer, sound engineering, graphics, multimedia & web design , animation technology, printing material testing, colour analysis & reproduction, and e-publishing.
• After completing the program, graduates can go for higher studies or can write GRE/TOEFL and apply for further studies abroad in universities like Rochester Institute of Technology, London College of Communication, Chemnitz University of Technology, and other universities in UK, US, Germany, Australia and Canada. Students interested in Management subjects can also opt for Master’s in Business Administration.